Lulu Chen, from China, is a sophomore studying English language and Business Administration at Clark College in Vancouver, Washington.
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Type of Housing
- Social Media
Take Your Next Global Step at Clark College!
Clark College is the premier institution for higher education in Southwest Washington. For more than 80 years, Clark has guided students to reach their academic goals. Founded in 1933, Clark College is one of the oldest accredited two-year colleges in the state of Washington.
Whether you plan to transfer to a four-year college or university, are seeking a professional skill or searching for better global understanding, you will find a world of opportunity and support at every step of your journey.
Highlights for International Students
- Academic excellence
- Easy transfer to prestigious universities
- Low cost – great value
- Conditional admissions opportunities
- Small classes, personalized attention
- Friendly, helpful faculty and staff
- First-rate support services
- Great location – safe and scenic
- Homestays and apartments available near campus
- Excellent opportunities to make friends from around the world
College Facts and Figures
Total Enrollment: 15,039
International Students: 200+
Student/Faculty Ratio: 21:1
Number of Programs: 125 +
Average Class Size: 25
Clubs & Organizations: 50+
At Clark College, it’s all about you, the student. We offer university-level classes led by dedicated and knowledgeable professors who hold advanced degrees in their fields. All programs offered by Clark College are designed to help you take The Next Step on your academic or career path.
Degrees and Certificates
- Associate of Arts
- Associate of Science
- Associate of Applied Science
- Associate of Applied Technology
Top Fields of Study at Clark College
- Business & Management
- Computer Science
- Fine & Applied Arts
- Health Professions
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Social Science
Complete listing: www.clark.edu/academics/list_index.php
International Student Support Services
Office of International Programs
Clark College’s Office of International Programs (OIP) serves as a center for international students. The friendly OIP staff assists international students with issues ranging from immigration advising to opening a bank account. No question is too small to ask at the OIP.
Academic advisors are available to help students select the appropriate classes, review grades and check progress toward your degree or certificate programs. Advisors can also help you find a university for transfer if you plan to continue your education after Clark.
Clark College's Counseling and Health Center supports student success by providing a range of professional counseling and medical services that are both affordable and conveniently available on campus. Academic, career, and personal counseling is available free of charge to students. The counselors provide short-term confidential counseling. A Nurse Practitioner provides low-cost medical care to students.
The Language Center is a fun and lively place for study. It is equipped with computers and headphones for learning English or other languages. There are always tutors available to help.
Tutoring & Writing Center
Tutoring services are free of charge to all registered Clark College students. Tutors provide help in many subject areas. The Writing Center is open to the entire campus community to provide assistance with all kinds of writing, from paper assignments to résumés. The Center provides free, one-on-one consulting for writing assignments from all courses. Consultants suggest strategies and teach principles to help you learn to evaluate and revise your own writing and become a more effective writer.
Vancouver, Washington, and the Pacific Northwest
Located on the north side of the Columbia River, Vancouver, Washington is a friendly community with exceptional outdoor scenery and big-city conveniences. The main campus of Clark College is situated in Vancouver’s Central Park in the heart of the city and the Pacific Northwest.
- Close proximity to both the snow capped Cascade Mountain Range and the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
- Minutes from the vibrant city of Portland, Oregon, voted North America's “Best Big City” by Money Magazine.
- Simple drive or train ride to Seattle, Washington – home of Starbucks, Microsoft, the Mariners (Major League Baseball), and the Seahawks (American football).
- Easy access to Portland International Airport – only a 15-minute drive.
What our students say about Clark College
“Clark College is the key to success in your first year of study in the USA. It gives you the means to help you build and plan your future. Many students who come from Clark College are successful in life.” Xavier Brevet, France, English major
“I like the people in the OIP. They are very nice and always helpful. I want to get my AA degree from Clark and then transfer to a university. They are helping me research my options.” Jessica Chung, South Korea, International Relations major
“Clark College was my best choice because the teachers are really excellent. It is in Vancouver where clubbing is not that common, so more studying. People really care and encourage you to be the best you can be.” Daniel Diatta, Senegal, Biology major
“Clark is cool! Instructors and employees around Clark College are very friendly, and there are many opportunities to meet other students from around the world. Different areas are offered to students to study and spend their free time.” Inva Begolli, Albania, Pharmacy Tech major
Ready. Set. Take The Next Step.
To apply for admission to Clark College, complete and submit the following items:
- Clark College International Student Application
- Transcripts from current or most recent school attended
- Copy of Passport photo page
- $80.00 USD non-refundable application and courier fee (if outside the U.S.) or $50.00 USD non-refundable application fee (if inside the U.S.)
- Proof of financial support for one full year of study
If you are a student transferring to Clark College from another school in the U.S., please submit the above documents and the following:
- Copy of visa and current I-20
- Transfer release form (Submit after admission to Clark College.)
We want to welcome YOU to Clark College!
Read more about Clark College in this interview:
Office of International Programs | GHL 215
1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver WA 98663-3598