Green River College
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
2 yr/Community College
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Small/College town, Suburban
Type of Housing
Homestay, Apartment, Dormitory
- Social Media
See Our Campus, Hear From Our Students
About Green River
Green River College is a two-year college located near Seattle. Our campus is a great environment for study with 140 acres filled with evergreen trees, wooded trails, and new facilities. Our total student population is 10,000 with 1,500 international students from over 50 countries. Students choose Green River for its lower cost, quality education, small classes, dedicated faculty, friendly staff, and on-campus housing. Green River is the winner of the 2013 Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Campus Internationalization. This is the most prestigious award for quality in international higher education and the ultimate endorsement of an institution's commitment to educating global citizens.
Programs of Study
Green River offers two-year degrees, Intensive English, University Transfer, University Transfer Pathway, Gap Year, and a popular High School Completion Plus-dual degree program. We also offer 3, 6, or 9 month study abroad options designed to provide flexibility and opportunities for self-discovery and academic development.
“You Can Go Anywhere From Here”
University of Washington President and Green River Alumnus of Distinction Dr. Mark Emmert receiving his honorary degree at Green River’s 2010 Commencement.
Dr. Emmert attended Green River then transferred to University of Washington to get his Bachelor’s Degree.
“I had no idea when I left Green River that I would one day wind up in Syracuse, New York completing a PhD in public administration. Or that I would become a university president…But I’m living proof that you truly can go anywhere from here” Dr. Mark Emmert, Green River 2010 Commencement Address.
Leader in Nationwide University Transfer
Our international students have been admitted to top, world-ranked universities including: University of Washington, Berkeley, UCLA, Brown, Cornell, Johns Hopkins, Indiana University, Purdue, University of Michigan, University of Texas-Austin and many others.
Individual Transfer Plan. A key to each student’s success at Green River and beyond is the individual transfer plan. Every student works one-on-one with their assigned advisor to develop an individual transfer plan that includes: student’s major, destination transfer universities, and a two-year course plan.
High School Completion Plus
Green River’s High School Completion Plus Program offers international students the following benefits:
- Fast Track: Enter college before completing high school and graduate from university at least one year earlier than your high school classmates.
- Save Time and Money: Get a Washington State high school diploma plus earn transferable university credit at the same time. Take classes that count for both high school and university transfer!
- Earn Dual Degrees: Earn two degrees for the price and time of one. Graduate in just two years with a high school diploma plus a university transfer associate degree. Program typically requires no additional time.*
- *Depending on assessment and placement, students may need to take non-transferable, developmental classes. Students may also need to take a non-transferable class to complete the Culminating Project requirement.
You can experience living on-campus in our Campus Corner Apartments. Living in this apartment-style residential community, you will enjoy:
- Being part of university-style housing in a community college environment
- Meeting and making friends with students from around the world. The residents at Campus Corner Apartments will be a mix of local and international students.
- Fully furnished apartments with private bedrooms, kitchens, living/dining area, high-speed Internet, convenient parking, and access to campus facilities like the library and fitness center.
To enhance your college experience at Green River, our full-time International Student Activities Coordinator and Student Life Department encourage you to get involved in a variety of on-campus activities. We also provide opportunities to experience the scenic Pacific Northwest through hiking, skiing, snow-boarding, as well as visiting museums, theaters and music festivals. During vacation times, we offer trips to popular tourist destinations such as Hawaii and Whistler ski resort in Vancouver, Canada.
Comprehensive, Personal Service
Our full-service office includes more than 30 full-time professional employees available to assist international students with everything from admission, housing, activities and cultural adjustment to academic and transfer planning, and every need in between.
International students can apply for the fall (September), winter (January), spring (April), or summer (June) session. The recommended application deadline for each session is one month prior to the start of the quarter.
International Programs 12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn Washington 98092-3699
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn Washington 98092
P: (253) 288-3300