Scholarships: money for school that you don’t have to pay back. The appeal is undeniable. And for many students, scholarships are an absolute necessity in order to realize their educational dreams. Fortunately, many colleges and universities offer scholarships to international students.
Virginia International University
- School Size
$10,000 — $15,000 Year
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Type of Housing
- Social Media
Virginia International University (VIU) is a private, non-profit university located in Fairfax, Virginia, minutes from Washington, DC. VIU currently offers graduate, undergraduate programs in areas like Business, Management, Computer Science, Education, Public Administration and International Relations as well as certificates in a variety of professional and technical fields, including TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages). Our student body comes from more than 60 different countries. VIU offers tuition scholarships to high-potential students because we believe that higher education should also be available to those who do not have the necessary funds to pursue it. See: http://www.viu.edu/students/finance/scholarships.html
- On-Campus and Online Programs
- Location - Fairfax, Virginia, one of the best and safest places, is minutes away from Washington D.C.
- Affordable tuition rates and payment plans
- Tuition scholarships
- Updated educational programs to keep pace with the latest developments in technology and teaching methods
- OPT and CPT Possibilities
Graduate Programs (On-campus and Online)
VIU offers follwoing graduate programs:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Project Management (MPM)
- Master of Science in Accounting (MAC)
- Master of Information Systems (MIS)
- Master of Science in Computer Science (MCS)
- MS in Information Systems Management (MISM)
- MS in Information Technology (MIT)
- MS in Software Engineering (MSE)
- Master of Art in TESOL (Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Master of Education (M Ed.)
- Master of Science in Applied Linguistics (MSAPL)
- Master in Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Science in International Relations (MIR)
These degrees are earned by completing the program course requirements of 36 credit hours/12 courses (beyond prerequisite courses, if any).
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Concentrations: Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Global Logistics, Health Care Management, Hospitality & Tourism Management, Human Resources Management, International Business Management, International Finance, Marketing Management, Mass Media & Public Relations, Project Management.
Master of Science in Accounting (MAC)
Master of Science in Project Management (MPM)
Master of Science in Information Systems (MIS)
Specializations: Business Intelligence & Data Analysis, Cybersecurity, Data Management, Enterprise Project Management, Health Informatics, Information Assurance, Knowledge Management.
Master of Science in Computer Science (MCS)
Specializations: Computer Animation & Gaming, Cybersecurity, Data Management, Intelligent Systems, Networking, Software Applications Development, Software Engineering.
MS in Information Systems Management (MISM)
MS in Information Technology (MIT)
MS in Software Engineering (MSE)
Master of Arts in TESOL (Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
VIU’s MA in TESOL program prepares students to work as English teachers in a world where the global need for English language skills is growing.
Master of Education (M.Ed.)
Master of Science in Applied Linguistics (MSAPL)
Master of Public Administration (MPA)
Master of Science in International Relations (MIR)
Undergraduate Programs (On-Campus and Online)
VIU offers undergraduate degrees in both Business Management and Computer Science.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BBA) VIU offers a BBA degree in three concentrations: Marketing, Finance and International Business
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BCS) The BCS degree integrates theoretical and practical aspects of information technology and business systems
Certificate Programs (On-Campus and Online)
VIU Offers 7 graduate level and two undergraduate level certificate programs. These are for two semesters and require a total of 18 (graduate level) to 24 (undergraduate level) credit hours.
- Graduate Certificate Programs
- Project Management Certificate
- Business Intelligence (Graduate)
- Information Systems (Graduate)
- Information Systems Management (Graduate)
- Information Technology Audit and Compliance (Graduate)
- Education Certificate
- Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Undergraduate Certificate Programs
- International Business Certificate
- Small Busienss Management Cretificate
Continuing Education Programs
Would you like to sharpen your career skills, increase your professionalism (and marketability) and learn about the latest trends, technologies, and strategies? If so, Virginia International University's School of Continuing Education and Workforce Development (SCE) is just for you! Our SCE programs provide just-in-time training for career professionals with real-world do-it-now application. For more info, please visit: http://viu.edu/future-students/admission/continuing-education.html
VIU accepts applications up to four weeks before the start of the following semester. After all application materials are received, students are notified of their acceptance as soon as possible. Please see the chart below for the requirements of each program or the link below: http://www.viu.edu/future-students/admission/admission-requirements.html
VIU Laptop Statement
VIU proudly announces the addition of our Laptop or iPad Program for new students beginning this Fall 2017 Semester in both undergraduate and graduate programs. New students enrolled in an on-campus degree program have the option to choose either a brand new Laptop Computer or iPad to enhance their college experience. Whatever defines your learning style, VIU is dedicated to making higher education more convenient through technology used in and out of the classroom.
Incoming first-semester students, VIU alumni, and transfer in students must register for a full course load and meet their financial plan requirements in order to be eligible to receive their new laptop computer or iPad. Students can claim their Laptop or iPad at the Student Accounts Office. Federal Financial Aid students must have their Financial Aid Application approved by the Financial Aid Office before the first day of classes in order to qualify for this offer.
Students can choose from the following options:
- Inspiron 15 5000 Series (5567) i7-8GB-1TB-15.6inch Laptop
Join the technological revolution at VIU. Your new Laptop or iPad is waiting for you beginning this Fall 2017 Semester.
Virginia International University
4401 Village Drive
Fairfax VA 22030
- Business Information Systems
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- General Management
- International Relations
- Marketing and Communications
- Marketing Research
- Public Relations
- Teaching English Language
- TESOL and Teacher Training
- TOEFL and Test Preparation