Bergen Community College The International Student Center
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
2 yr/Community College
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, English Language (ESL), Liberal Arts
Small/College town, Suburban
Type of Housing
No housing available
- Social Media
Bergen Community College at a glance:
What does Bergen Community College have to offer?
- Bergen Community College is proud to host over 1000 international students from over 90 countries around the world.
- A beautiful campus in suburban N.J.
- A great location; only 30 minutes from New York City
- An International Student Center dedicated to student success
- Opportunities for transfer to four-year colleges and universities
- Outstanding academic programs
- Dedicated faculty and staff
- American Language Program/ESL
- Transfer counseling
- Career counseling
Bergen Community College offers challenging programs and enriching experiences that help set the foundation for a successful future. The College provides opportunities for personal and intellectual growth that prepares students for further educational pursuits as well as pathways to exciting career opportunities.
Bergen Community College, the largest community college in New Jersey, is located in Paramus, just 30 minutes from New York City. Public transportation to campus is available from New York City and most parts of New Jersey.
Bergen Community College offers students a smart start to their four-year degree. The College maintains nearly 80 Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.), and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) academic programs. Transfer programs, which include Associate in Arts (A.A.) and Associate in Science (A.S.) degrees, are designed to follow a course of study that corresponds to freshman and sophomore offerings at most colleges and universities.
Many international students complete an Associates degree at Bergen Community College, and then transfer to prominent four-year institutions. Examples include Rutgers University, Fairleigh Dickinson University, William Paterson University, New Jersey Institute of Technology and the Fashion Institute of Technology.
About the College
Bergen Community College offers an array of courses and programs to prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities, or for immediate entry into a career. Since its inception, Bergen has offered open admissions, small classes, affordable tuition, dedicated faculty, outstanding student services, flexible scheduling and a student-centered campus.
- Applications for the Fall semester from abroad should be submitted by July 1.
- The recommended deadline for students transferring to Bergen Community College from another U.S. institution for the Fall semester is August 15.
- Applications for the Spring semester from abroad should be submitted by October 15.
- The recommended deadline for students transferring to Bergen Community College from another U.S. institution for the Spring semester is December 15.
- All deadlines are flexible
- An application to Bergen Community College
- Proof of high school or college completion
- Proof of financial support
- Passport copies
- Bergen Community College SEVIS Information Form
*The TOEFL exam is not required for admission. Each student will take Bergen Community College’s Levels of English Proficiency (LOEP) test when they arrive on campus. This test measures proficiency in reading, writing and listening, and may place students in the American Language Program (ALP). There is no fee for this test and it is taken on the Bergen Community College campus.
Tuition and Fees
Bergen Community College provides an outstanding education at reasonable cost. Current tuition for one semester is estimated at $5,000 (subject to change). The College does not provide housing, although many students live with family members, find apartments or home-stays in the local area.
Two Year Degree Programs include:
- Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Respiratory Therapy*
- Graphic Design/Computer Graphics
- World Languages and Cultures
- Liberal Arts
- Natural Sciences
- Engineering Science
- Social Sciences
- And many more
*International students are not eligible to apply for these programs until they have completed their first semester at BCC.
While attending Bergen Community College, students are encouraged to participate in clubs, organizations, diversity weekends, heritage celebrations and many other events throughout the year.
Room C-102, Pitkin Education Center 400 Paramus Road
Paramus New Jersey 07652