Founded in 1904, Wentworth Institute of Technology is a private, co-educational university located in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts. Boston is one of America's most beautiful and historical cities and it is the original center of higher education in the United States. The public transportation system, known locally as the T, is at our front door, and major attractions ranging from Fenway Park (home of the Boston Red Sox baseball team) to the Museum of Fine Arts to the trendy shops of Newbury Street are only a short walk away. Wentworth enrolls over 4,000 students and offers on-campus housing on its 31-acre (15-hectare), fully equipped campus. International students comprise 8% of Wentworth's total enrollment representing 53 countries.
Each program balances theory, technical skills, and cooperative education (co-op) experience. Co-op is an important feature of Wentworth's career-focused education. All students are required to work for two semesters before graduation in a paid position directly related to their major. Co-op provides valuable practical experience, which helps students find employment after graduation. Wentworth offers 17 bachelor degree programs in the following majors:
- Applied Mathematics (three-year program with a four-year option)
- Business Management
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Networking
- Computer Science
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Electromechanical Engineering (five-year program)
- Engineering – Interdisciplinary
- Facility Planning and Management
- Industrial Design
- Interior Design
- Mechanical Engineering
Wentworth's Architecture degree is grounded in fundamentals and is strong in technology and computer aided design. The Engineering Technology programs focus upon the practical application of engineering principles. Students' work in the laboratory, the drafting room, and at off-campus work sites relates directly to the classroom study of engineering theory, physics and mathematics. Wentworth students become skilled technicians and engineers, translating their theoretical work into practical and functional applications in industry. Those completing a Bachelor of Science degree enter industry as technologists and engineers.
Requirements for Application:
- Completed application form (available on-line at http://www.wit.edu or Common Application )
- All students for whom English is not a first language must show proof of English proficiency. Please visit the Wentworth website www.wit.edu/prospective/admissions for ways to meet this requirement.
- Official School Record(s) or Transcript(s) of secondary education, with certified English translations, if in another language
- Declaration of Certification of Finances, not older than 90 days at the time of application review.
- Written Personal Statement
Wentworth recognizes certain Subject Examinations of the International Baccalaureate Program (IB), and Advanced Placement (AP) Program as administered by the College Board. For more information or to take a virtual tour of Wentworth Institute of Technology visit our home page at www.wit.edu or click on the link below.
There are a limited number of competitive scholarships for international students.
Xujie Zhao from China: Studying Computer Networking at Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston
For more information:
Wentworth Institute of Technology