Mesa Community College
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
2 yr/Community College
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Accounting, Business, Engineering
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
- Social Media
Our Vision: To foster intercultural competency, one student at a time.
Our Mission: To develop a Global Center through study abroad programs, international student services, event programming, excellent service, and opportunities for internationalizing the campus with faculty partnerships to encourage global citizenship and student success.
Who are we and where are we located
Mesa Community College awaits you, where the sun always shines! MCC is a large (25,000 students) public, two-year accredited community college. Many students begin their university career at a community college, and then transfer to a four-year university to complete their Bachelor’s degree. It is located in the city of Mesa, Arizona, adjacent to Phoenix, the fifth largest city in the United States. The region is home to several universities (Arizona State University, Grand Canyon University, and more), museums, libraries, cultural events, and professional athletics (football, baseball, basketball, etc). Residents enjoy an outdoor lifestyle with more than 300 sun-filled days per year. There are currently more than 350 F-1 international students enrolled at Mesa Community College, representing 52 different countries. Mesa Community College is proud and committed to serving a diverse population that is reflective of our community. MCC provides an environment where each individual is respected, honored, supported, and is rewarded on the basis of personal achievement and contribution, as we value inclusiveness of people and ideas.
MCC looks forward to meeting you! To learn more please visit our website at: www.mesacc.edu/international-education
Why come to Mesa Community College?
MCC offers international students superior academic opportunities, unique cultural experiences, and a friendly campus environment. Whether your goal is to transfer to a four-year university, complete a career program, or simply improve your English, MCC will provide it. With more than 25,000 students who attend MCC annually, over 100 degree programs to choose from, and an ESL program, MCC will provide you with an excellent educational experience. Our International Education Department will support your needs with advising, workshops, programming opportunities, and a chance to meet new friends.
Student success is the number one priority of MCC. For over forty years, MCC has provided outstanding transfer, career, and service programs to the East Valley area of Phoenix, Arizona.
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- Fully accredited by North Central Association (NCA)
- Conditional admission to the ESL program without TOEFL
- Small classes with personal attention from highly qualified instructors
- Excellent transfer record to four-year universities
- Comprehensive English Second Language (ESL) program
- Low, affordable tuition
- More than 40 student clubs and organizations
- Free tutoring services
- Conversation Partner Program to improve language skills
- Intercollegiate sports program for men and women (Arizona Community College Athletic Conference and National Junior College Athletic Association)
- College concerts, theater, and art programs
For a complete listing of academic and occupational programs, visit our web site: http://www.maricopa.edu/academic/ccta/curric/progmc.php
MCC offers more than 100 degree programs, including:
- Business (including accounting, management, marketing, and tourism)
- Fashion Design
- Interior Design
- Dental Hygiene
- Computer Science/Network Academy
- Fine Arts: Theater, Music, Dance
- Liberal Arts: Communication, Political Science, Anthropology, Psychology, and more.
International Education Office
The Office of International Education has been established to assist you in complying with all federal regulations, academic advisement, student activities, cultural adjustment, and personalized attention. Services offered include:
- Admission process assistance
- Immigration advising
- Academic advisement
- Transfer assistance to universities
- New student orientation
- Events and activities, including field trips
- Information and assistance on F-1 employment
International Student Association
The International Student Association was created to encourage and promote goodwill among international students, to increase awareness and appreciation of other cultures, and to provide an opportunity to develop lifelong friendships For more information, please visit: http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/international/international/isa.
English as a Second Language
Through the English department, MCC offers classes for students whose primary language is other than English (http://www.mesacc.edu/dept/d13/esl/). The ESL program is designed and committed to prepare ESL students for smooth transition to academic courses.
We offer the following course options:
- 16-week ESL classes with four different language levels for beginning, intermediate, and advanced students
- Intensive English program: 8-week sessions which meet five days a week
- Four levels of courses in English grammar, listening and speaking, reading, and writing with oral practice
- Tutoring and ESL Skill Center are available to students
How to apply (no application fee):
Visit our web site for details. http://www.mesacc.edu/international-education/future-f-1-student
Recommended Application Dates:
- July 1 - Fall semester (August-December)
- November 1 - Spring semester (January-May)
1833 West Southern Avenue
Mesa Arizona 85202-4866