Intensive English Program Description:
The Intensive English Program is designed for those who would like to study English for academic purposes. This program is a rigorous English program for students who want to study academic English. Students may apply for more than one semester at a time. Our classes are Academic preparation classes and include: Reading/Vocabulary, Writing/Grammar, Oral Communication, and TOEFL preparation.
Upon arrival to the program, students may be of any level including Beginner, High Beginner, Intermediate, High Intermediate, and Advanced. Classes are average-sized (approximately 15 students), held on both the main campus and downtown campus in the morning and afternoon, and are conducted by experienced instructors who hold M.A. degrees in Teaching English as a Second Language.
Students will receive evaluations of their progress at mid-term and at the end of the semester. These evaluations are based upon class participation, homework, quizzes, tests, reports, and effort. Attendance is mandatory for enrolled students, as per the University of Texas at San Antonio and the Department of Homeland Security regulations.
Requirements for IEP are:
- Must be 17 years old by the first day of class
- Must submit a photocopy of current passport and visa (if applicable)
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Must submit a bank statement showing that you have at least the minimum amount to pay educational expenses per semester of study
Please follow the link below to find the minimum amount needed on a bank statement for the semester you wish to attend
During the fall and spring semesters, classes are conducted 20 hours a week. During the summer semester, classes are conducted 28 hours per week.
Instruction focuses on the areas of:
- Oral Communication
- TOEFL Preparation
We offer 6 levels to suit the needs of our students:
- Foundations for Beginners
- Level 1 for High Beginning
- Level 2 for Intermediate
- Level 3 for High Intermediate
- Level 4 for Low Advanced
- Level 5 for Advanced
- Conditional admission is available to undergraduate students who do not meet the TOEFL requirements (79 iBT, 550 PbT or 6.5 IELTS ) or have no TOEFL score.
- Full access to university facilities: computing, medical, recreational, library
- Conversation Partners Program
IEP Costs Per Semester: are subject to change. Please contact us for latest costs.
- Tuition: $3,200
- Books, mandatory health insurance and university fees: Approximately $2,266.10.
- Housing: Approximately $3,500, depending on size of apartment and number of roommates
- University Meal plan: One semester $1,700 (depending on plan chosen by student).
Dates: Please contact us for exact dates.
Spring (280 hours of full-time instruction)
Application due: Second week of November or until filled
Orientation week: First week of January
Classes start: Second week of January
Classes end: End of April
Summer (280 hours of full-time instruction)
Application due: Third week of April or until filled
Orientation week: Last week of May
Classes start: First week of June
Classes end: Middle of August
Fall (280 hours of full-time instruction)
Application due: First week of July or until filled
Orientation week: Third week of August
Classes start: Last week of August
Classes end: First week of December
For more information: