Finding the money to attend college or university can be quite a struggle, especially for international students.
American Language Academy
- School Size
- Type of School
Intensive & Semi-Intensive English Program
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
English Language (ESL), TOEFL and Test Preparation, Intensive English
Accreditation and Certification
CEA, EnglishUSA Member, UCIEP Member
Type of Housing
Homestay, Apartment, Dormitory
- Social Media
American Language Academy (ALA) is a nationally accredited language institution that is authorized by the U.S. federal government to enroll non-immigrant students. ALA was established in 2007 and has multiple locations to serve the needs of English language learners from around the globe. ALA provides various English language courses of full-time intensive and part time schedules. Courses are offered via face to face classroom and modern interactive online instruction.
ALA admits students of all races, genders, religions, nationalities, ethnic groups, and educational standing. ALA provides meaningful, engaging, and challenging educational experiences through our programs that are designed to give personal attention to every student in an open, diverse, and interactive environment. Students also participate in cultural activities, field trips, and extracurricular social events created to cultivate their English language skills.
English learners from around the world who wish to increase their English language skills for academic, professional, and social purposes will find various courses to meet their goals. ALA’s highly ranked Academic English courses focus on preparing students for admission to higher education at high school, colleges and universities in the U.S. ALA has partnerships with many excellent colleges and universities across the US to provide international students with a way to enter undergraduate and graduate programs at our partner universities.
- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Garden Grove, California
- Plantation, Florina
- Lincoln Memorial University, Tennessee
WHY CHOOSE ALA
- All ALA campuses in the United States are fully accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA).
- ALA is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students and to issue Form I-20 for F-1 visa students.
- ALA’s instruction integrates all English language skills: speaking, listening, reading, writing, with vocabulary and grammar
- ALA specializes in intensive academic English with seven different proficiency levels.
- ALA University partners provide a pathway (NO TOEFL test) for graduates from ALA’s Level 5.
- ALA University partners issue Conditional Letters of Admission for ALA enrolled students.
- ALA provides a quality learning experience with small, diverse and interactive classes that are designed for rapid language acquisition.
- ALA structures its programs schedules to provide flexibility with open enrollment and options.
- ALA offers free experiential learning with American cultural activities, field trips, and social events.
- ALA’s faculty are highly dedicated and experienced, professional, and native speaking who are committed to excellence
- ALA’s caring and personal staff will provide an extensive range of free advising, housing assistance and student services.
ALA English Language Programs, Courses and More
Integrated English language skills: speaking, listening, reading, writing, with vocabulary and grammar.
Programs – These courses are offered face 2 face & online
- Intensive English Program (IEP): Introduction, Level 1 to 6
- English for Academic Purposes Program (EAP): Introduction, Level 1 to 5
- General English Program (GEP): Introduction, Low Beginner, High Beginner, Low Intermediate, Intermediate, High Intermediate, and Advanced
Other Programs & Courses Available Upon Request:
- GED, GRE, GMAT, Test Prep Courses
- TOEFL and IELTS
- English for Specific Purpose and Business English
- TESL Teacher Practicum Program (TTPP)
- Intensive Teacher Training EFL Program
- Foreign Language Courses
- Youth Programs
- Summer camps with tours
- Tutoring and Mentoring
ALA University Pathways
- Our 22 university partners grant ALA’s Academic English Level 5 graduates direct admission with NO TOEFL, IELTS, or other language proficiency test scores required. A conditional letter of admission (CLA) is provided upon enrollment to ALA in anticipation of the students’ successful completion of Academic English level 5.
- ALA offers American Universities Pathway Programs (AUPP) a unique, full support online learning program which ALA student can take while or after studying English:
- Allows student to enroll in and earn credit from U.S. university online courses.
- Trained and certified mentors/coaches to assist AUPP students
- Online student support services, including one-on-one tutoring
American Language Academy - Greensboro
2 Center view Drive
Greensboro NC 27407
P: +1 (336) 285-7318
American Language Academy - Miami
130 South University Drive
Plantation FL 33324
P: +1 (954) 530-3228
American Language Academy - Lincoln Memorial University
Lincoln Memorial University,
Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate TN 37752
P: 1+ (336) 285-7318
American Language Academy - California
12437 Lewis Street
Garden Grove CA 92840
P: +1 (336)-285-7318
- Business English
- English for Academic Purposes
- English for Professionals
- English for Specific Purposes Programs
- English Language (ESL)
- General English Programs
- IELTS in the USA
- Intensive English
- Summer Intensive English
- TESOL and Teacher Training
- TOEFL and Test Preparation