Welcome to the Center for International Education (CIE) at Salem State University:
Salem State University is located in Salem, Massachusetts, less than 30 kilometers north of Boston. Salem is a scenic Atlantic coast city famous for its historical and cultural sites. Convenient public transportation makes Boston easily accessible from Salem.
Intensive English Programs
Beginning in Mid-May until Mid-August (6 or 12 weeks), and beginning in the first week of July until Mid-August (6 weeks). We also offer 12-week programs in the spring and fall. We offer a choice of programs from three to twenty-five hours per week to suit various levels and language-learning needs for students who wish to:
- Begin their study of English;
- Improve their general English skills;
- Prepare for admission to an American college;
- Increase their TOEFL score;
- Study English for job or career success.
- Instruction includes reading, grammar, vocabulary, speaking, pronunciation, academic writing, and TOEFL preparation.
- Content-based Courses.
- Experiential Learning.
- Small Classes.
- Experienced Faculty with advanced degrees in teaching English.
- Free Tutorial Help.
- Social Activities, Sports, and Educational and Recreational Trips to historic Salem and nearby Boston.
Housing is provided in our apartment style residence halls equipped with kitchens. A variety of meal plan options are available.
F-1 Student visa documents and advice provided.
Health Insurance required. Plans available.
Salem State University:
Salem State University (SSU), founded in 1854, is a fully-accredited four-year undergraduate institution, which offers 37 undergraduate majors in Arts and Science, Business and Human Services. For graduate students, Masters Degrees are available in Business (MBA), Nursing, Education, and Arts and Sciences.
If you are interested in any of our programs and would like to request information, please contact us!
For more information:
Salem State University
Center for International Education/ESL